Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Materials Engineer for their site on an hourly contracting basis.
Summary of Job:
- Provide lead role in Material development projects in the Operations Technology Development Group in the Innovation centre.
- Collaborating with global R&D, Engineering and Operations functions, the position will be responsible for identifying and leading strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes.
- The role involves providing technical leadership working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of leading edge technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in materials development.
- Lead cross functional teams to execute Material development projects.
- Implement design for manufacturability in new process designs to minimise lifecycle cost
- Operations technical expert to global materials groups
- Full project management responsibility for Material Development projects
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Identify appropriate resources and technical requirements for Materials development projects.
- Development of advanced materials related manufacturing processes i.e. Raw materials processing, Coatings etc.
- Lead implementation of cost effective material related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Develop innovative product development processes to shorten product lifecycle time to market
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
- Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Actively support all Materials Development team and Innovation Centre goals and objectives.
- Support process optimisation, route cause analysis and scrap reduction activities related to material processes.
- Actively lead and participate in PE improvement teams within the company.
- Support the complaint investigation process with respect to Materials complaints.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and QSR requirements.
- Ensure effective and timely communications as required
- Ensure effective and timely closure on all CAPA activities.
- Maintains standards of housekeeping & GMP requirements supporting 5S activities
- Represent the Innovation centre function as required by management
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
- Lead and Manage R&D Material Development Programs
- Development of Capital Business Cases for New Process Development Projects
- Mentor and guide external researchers on collaborative projects
- Interface with Global Academic Institutes in the area of Material Science
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree Qualification or equivalent in Material Sciences/Chemical Engineering. Experience in an operations environment in a Material Science Function within a Medical Device Company or similar industry would be a significant advantage.
- Extensive Statistical Engineering Expertise (SPC, DOE etc.)
- Implementation of SPC systems in high volume manufacturing industries
- Product and Process Validation experience
- Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX, FTIR, NMR)
- Project Management Professional with experience managing new product introductions
- Integration of R&D Programs into Manufacturing Operations
- Proficiency in the implementation of RFT (Right First Time) Production Methodologies
- Continuous Improvement Focus
- Process Excellence - Six Sigma Blackbelt certified
- PhD Chemistry or equivalent
Key Competencies Required
- Planning & Organising Skills
- Customer Focused
- Focus on Continuous Improvement
- Influencing Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Communication Skills
- Highly Motivated
For further information on this Senior Materials Engineer role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval