Telephone: 086 8168298
Senior Materials Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Materials Engineer for their site.
- Provide leading role in project delivery of Raw Materials related projects as part of the cluster Materials Development team.
- The Materials Engineer (Raw Materials) will be responsible for leading and delivering projects as part of strategic technology Virtual teams.
- Apply Engineering and Materials knowledge to relevant manufacturing processes both external and internal to optimise end to end manufacturing process.
- Collaborating with Source, Procurement, R&D, Engineering and Operations functions, the position will be responsible for identifying and leading materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum manufacturing process in terms of Quality, Service and COGS.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ownership for projects in the area Materials Development
- High level understanding of Materials manufacturing processes
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Responsible for the identification, valuation, planning, organizing, execution, and coordination of quality, deliver and value improvement projects at key, strategic metals suppliers.
- Implement of cost effective manufacturing solutions to drive end to end manufacturing efficiencies in partnership with Source and strategic suppliers
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
- SME for Materials related manufacturing process
- Development of advanced materials related manufacturing processes from end to end within the supply chain, including raw materials, process design and optimisation
- Support the development of capital business cases for new process development projects
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BSc in Materials Science or Engineering.
- 4-6 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
- Project management experience
- Ph.D. or MSc qualification in Material Sciences or similar
- Materials characterisation – advanced analytical techniques
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
- Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX etc.)
For further information on this Senior Materials Engineer role in Cork please contact Niamh Hlubek 086 8168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval