Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Materials Supplier Engineer for their site.
Senior Supplier Engineer in the Materials Supplier Engineering Team: This concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities. The Materials Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
- Technical lead on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Demonstrates Technical Leadership skills in Commodity Management.
- Responsible for Establishing & Achieving business objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Drives Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Identifies and Drives Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP?s) throughout the Supply Chain.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (HETAC level 8) and minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in development of new supply sources advantageous
- Project Management skills to manage Supplier and Material changes
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification is desired.
- Lean working knowledge is desired.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
For further information on this Senior Materials Supplier Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval