Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Westmeath are currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer for their site on a fixed term contract basis
At our R&D Sustaining department we focus on product lifecycle management and maintaining the design of our ventilator products post launch. Our Engineers are directly involved in making sure our products design and documentation files are maintained through the full product lifecycle and that improvements and changes are implemented to comply with evolving global standards.
- Designs, develops, analyses, troubleshoots and provides technical skills during product lifecycle.
- Designs studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise including mechanical structure, bio-compatibility and reliability.
- Translates discoveries into usable and marketable product design updates.
- Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Provides in-depth analysis and recommendations on process improvements.
- Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- Maintains the integrity and safety of the range of medical equipment with high electro-mechanical content and participates in and leads projects to remediate the design history for our ventilator products and accessories
- Manages projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work.
- Supports customers by troubleshooting to root cause and resolving product issues as they arise in the field
- Designs, verifies, validates and implements product improvements brought about by changes to mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Identifies and verifies alternative parts for obsolete components.
- Supports plant production goals by resolving issues as they arise in production.
- Performs operations in accordance with established safe working procedures, regulations, standards and general safety rules ensuring that attention is given to special hazards associated with the particular area of work.
- Minimum of a level 8 degree in Mechanical Engineering (or closely related discipline).
- 4+ years’ experience in an Engineering environment (or 2+ years with an advanced degree)
- Medical Device Industry experience an advantage particularly with knowledge of standards compliance and regulations and design controls
- Experience of risk assessment, FMEA, biocompatibility and/or accelerated life test methodologies desirable
- Knowledge and experience using CAD tools such as SolidWorks and ProE.
- Excellent problem solving Skills.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and efficiently.
- Committed to ongoing professional development.
- Dynamic, positive attitude and action oriented
For further information on this Senior Mechanical Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval