Contact: Anna McGowan
Senior Mechanical Engineer job in Limerick
An Exciting new start up comapny in Limerick have a Senior Mechanical Engineer job available!
This Senior Mechanical Engineer job in Limerick will be responsible for design, reliability improvements and product maintenance tasks. You will gain exposure to mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems with a view to improving the Instrumentation, cell analysis and lab automation instruments.
Working closely with fellow engineers within quality, service and manufacturing teams to troubleshoot, determine root cause of product failure and provide timely solutions to issues. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
- Work with Quality, Service and Manufacturing groups to investigate and correct design deficiencies and component obsolescence in existing diagnostic instruments.
- Prepares cost estimates and design products to meet cost targets.
- Executes the design of major mechanical subsystems.
- Hold design reviews for modules and subsystems.
- Participate in design reviews of other team members.
- Utilize Design for Six Sigma and other structured processes to ensure robust product performance and predictable project execution.
- Completes design projects within established schedules and budgets.
- Leads or participate in design reviews. Thoroughly assess the ability of proposed designs to meet specified requirements, including manufacturability.
- Interacts closely with software, systems, and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
- Generates engineering drawings and specifications to division standards, including ASME Y14.5M-1994 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Conforms to the requirements of ISO and cGMP standards for the design and development of medical devices.
- Experience within the Medical Devices industry or exposure to instrumentation or automation tools would be highly desirable.
- You must have proven experience designing high duty cycle automated equipment including robotics within a highly regulated environment.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering (or equivalent)
- Confident in modelling CAD applications with large assemblies.
- Product development experience and strong technical judgement are required.
- This role will be well suited to someone who displays excellent technical judgement and strong problem solving skills.
For further information on this Senior Mechanical Engineer job in Limerick please contact Anna on 091730022 or to discuss other Engineer jobs in Limerick, Galway, Mayo or Cork please get in touch!
Check out all our open jobs on our website - www.hero.ie