Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Microbiologist for their site.
The Senior Microbiologist will design and conduct research and/or process improvement projects pertaining to microbiological control and sterilization of products. You will also conduct quality assurance activities required to support, evaluate, document and audit the sterilization of orthopaedic products.
- Prepare test protocols and final reports for research and validation projects.
Design and conduct validation and process improvement projects pertaining to microbiological control and sterilization.
- Conduct QSR/ISO audits of contract sterilization vendors and contract laboratories.
- Perform quality assurance activities (sterilization shipment review, dose mapping studies, review of gas plasma sterilization records, etc.) as required to support the sterility assurance program.
- Provide technical guidance to Manufacturing, Development Engineering, and Research Departments on issues related to microbiological control and product sterilization.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions for microbiology lab technicians and manufacturing cleanroom personnel.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in microbiology or biology with a concentration of course work in microbiology.
- 2+ years of industrial microbiology experience working with medical devices or pharmaceuticals in the laboratory setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Direct experience supporting a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Environmental monitoring requirements of a Class 6 and 7 cleanroom.
- Experience with Gamma and EO sterilization validations and routine monitoring desirable.
- Experience in supervision of other microbiologist / micro technicians desirable.
- Knowledge of current OSR regulations and AAMI/ISO standards pertaining to industrial sterilization and microbiological control desirable.
For further information on this Senior Microbiologist role in Galway please contact Orla on 086 0449473 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.