Senior Moulding Engineer
Senior Moulding Engineer – Galway – Permanent role
The role is for an experienced Senior Moulding Engineer who will directly support moulding activities for our client a large manufacturing company located in Galway. The Senior Moulding Engineer must be motivated in delivering improvements and making a positive difference to be successful in such a role, sharing a desire for excellence, a value for the company you are working for.
The Senior Engineer will lead a team of technicians and be responsible for managing and supporting all engineering activity in areas of responsibility. As a key member of the core operations support team, and as needs arise, the successful candidate will be expected to input to the development of supports and systems outside of core engineering responsibilities. E.g. assist in development and implementation of systems for areas as diverse as training, planning, staff supervision, and business processes.
• To work with key business stakeholders and operations teams to build a continuous improvement environment that supports ongoing change and improvement initiatives.
• To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of simplified ways of working.
• Lead a dedicated group of technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
• Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
• Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
• Coach and mentor team members.
• Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
• Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
• Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost-benefit of introduction.
• Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
• Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
• Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
• Identify and implement short- and long-term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
• Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
• Level 8 Engineering degree, or equivalent.
• 5+ yrs. experience in a high-volume automated production environment.
• A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production / technical problem-solving team.
• Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
• Equipment and moulding processes knowledge
• Working knowledge of Six-Sigma and/or Lean Engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
• Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
• Good people management experience.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to make and Implement decisions.
• Well-developed understanding and with experience in performing medical device manufacturing process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ).
For further information on this role please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.