Senior Network Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12104
Senior Network Engineer
My client in the Life Sciences sector are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join the team in North Dublin
Work collaboratively with technology and business groups to conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, and technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Contribute to advancement of technology in area of expertise. Develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across multiple disciplines. . Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure. This role will be focused on infrastructure reporting into the network engineering team..
- Good Operation and Maintenance of enterprise network environment,
- Major network and L3 customer incident fault resolution
- Ensure appropriate monitoring is implemented for network equipment
- Focus on end user experience, taking the extra step so that users can get the most from their services
- Provide escalation support for the network operations center, and to all business units
- Work in technical teams in a multi-vendor environment through Major Incident Response situations.
- Maintain technical relationships with vendors and internal engineering teams
- Coordination with Partners and IT Service Supplier related to infrastructure and services
- Support network aspects of business & IT initiatives by assisting in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and operational transition of innovative & secure technology solutions.
- Working within a global team, but within regional time zone and local business hours
- Bachelor’s Degree / Trade Certification with at least 5 years’ experience
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own discipline
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress. Contribute to technical publications and presentations.
- Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- At least 5 years of IT experience in a large multinational company/environment.
- Excellent Knowledge & Experience of networking technologies such as LAN/WAN, Routing & Switching, Remote Access Technologies (VPN) & Wireless infrastructure.
- Experience in working in highly regulated environments & understanding of formal build and change management processes.
- High level of experience and exposure with Cisco products and systems. Including Route/Switch Platforms, Wireless Controllers, and systems.
- Requires demonstrated ability to administer layer 3 and layer 2 switching, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, port-channels, SIP, QoS and LAN/WAN standards.
- Cisco certification CCNP, or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as good time management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and in global, cross-functional, teams
- Proactive and self-motivated work ethic.
- Requires experience with highly complex Internetwork scenarios.
- Consistently deliver projects in a timely manner. Perform routine and complex tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Additional experience as follows would be an advantage:
- Experience of implementing and operation Cisco / Viptella SD-WAN systems.
- Possess a working understanding of cloud designs and architectures; prefer AWS and Azure
- Experience with load balancing (F5 GTM/LTM, Citrix Netscaler, cloud native) and WAN optimization (Silverpeak, Riverbed).
- Experience working in highly regulated environments such as Pharmaceutical or finance Industries.
For further information on this role in Kilkenny please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12164 Quality Control Supervisor Duration: 12 Months We are now recruiting a Quality Control Supervisor to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12161 Network Architect My client a healthcare delivery enterprise are looking for a Network Architect to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12163 Process Technician – Injection Moulding Key Responsibilities: Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting,…