Senior NPI Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a Senior NPI Engineer for my client, a medical device company in Galway. The Senior NPI Engineer is a lead technical role for New Product Introduction (NPI) projects. This role will report into the Navigate or Engineering Manager. Collaborating with Customers, Engineering, Operations and Sales functions, the position will be responsible for the development and introduction of new products and processes ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a small technical team through direct and matrix structure reporting. Provide direction required to meet project deadlines within the NPI group, cross functionally and with external suppliers and Stakeholders.
- Plan, lead, organise and control multiple complex projects from initial concept to final validation and manage handover to Production.
- Conduct detailed product design reviews.
- Drive projects using own initiative and structured project management tools and reporting.
- Responsibility for project schedule and resource planning, cost control, capital expenditure justification, quality, and safety.
- Anticipate customer needs and propose alternative innovative business solutions
- Preparing project plans and costings to justify a change, or investment, and successfully presenting these proposals to key stakeholders
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
- Manage the creation of product technical files including SOP, Validations and test methods.
- Drive a strong emphasis on lean principles through all projects.
- Mentor others in engineering and project management best practice.
- A relevant honours engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Postgraduate Qualification is preferable however not a requirement
- Project Management Professional Qualification desirable
- 8-10 years' experience of technical project management / NPI within the Medical Device Industry
- A strong background in DFM, Lean and Six Sigma, with structured problem solving skills and root cause analysis.
- Understanding of ergonomics and its application in a production environment.
- In-depth knowledge of validations and a history of transfers to production.
- A proven track record in delivering major projects and owning and controlling associated Capital and Expense budgets.
- Excellent communicator with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD / Solidworks and / or 3D modelling experience
- Ability to motivate personnel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- People management/supervisory experience
For further information on this Senior NPI Engineer role in Galway or any other Engineering opportunities please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval