Senior NPI Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12999
Senior New Product Introduction Engineer
The Senior New Product Introduction Engineer will lead a team of Engineers and Technicians in New Product Introduction (NPI) and Product Development (PD) projects.
- Lead a dedicated group of Engineers and Technicians within the New Product Introduction Group.
- Coach and mentor members of the NPI and PD team during the introduction of large-scale projects.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Manufacturing Group.
- Lead and manage the execution of the following NPI and PD activities:
– Supporting the Introduction of ISO56000, Innovation Management Standard.
– Execution of initiated projects.
– Design & Development of New Products through the Customers design process.
– Prototyping and Testing concept and initial Engineering builds.
– Design Verification and Validation including development of test protocols & and reports.
– Risk Assessment and Risk Management as per ISO13485.
– Identify the requirements for new Technologies to support robust products and processes.
– Test Method & Process Development using statistical tools (R&R, DOE, Equivalence Tests).
– Clearly defined processes documented in standard work instructions.
– Process Verification and Validation for release of products for commercialisation.
- Leads and promotes a methodical and systematic Problem-Solving approach.
- Project Management and Execution of assigned projects spanning from concept to commercialisations including budgeting, prioritisation, resource management, status/stakeholder management and external communication.
- Scope & define new Technology User Requirements required to support the implementation of new projects.
- Ensure the requirements of ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 are considered during design, development and new product introduction and integrated into production processes.
- Adhere to Plant Safety requirements and Health & Safety requirements relating to your work, assuming responsibility for those aspects of the OH&S System over which you have control to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Be aware of the potential environmental impacts associated with your work and the implications of non-conformance.
- Contribute to enhanced energy performance by conservation of energy where possible (Lighting, Equipment, Air Conditioning etc).
- Contribute to the continual improvement activities of the OH&S, Environmental and Energy Management systems through participation, providing feedback/ suggestions for improvement and by reporting accidents, dangerous occurrence, near miss/ illness, good catch and environmental incidents in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the OH&S, Environmental and Energy Management Systems by developing, leading and promoting a culture which supports the intended outcomes of the management systems. Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of these management systems
Skills and Experience:
- Highly Effective and articulate communication skills with an ability to convey and link with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work across a number of different projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work cross functionally and interact with different functions across the group.
- Demonstrates a behaviour of high performance and creates an environment of high engagement within the NPI Team.
- Project Management of NPI & PD projects using appropriate methods and tools. (e.g. PMBOK, Agile PM Methods)
- Six Sigma – lead problem solving and process improvement projects of medium to high complexity.
- Proficient and proven experience of Product and Process Validation.
- NFQ Level 8 or higher in a Technical Discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics or Bio-Medical) is preferred, with 5+ years Medical Device Experience.
- Project Management and/or Six Sigma Qualification – Highly Desirable.
- Process experience in Grinding, Moulding, EDM and/or Laser processes – Distinct Advantage.
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…