Senior Operations Manager in Cork
My client a Medical Device company in Cork are seeking a Senior Operations Manager for their site.
Responsible for day-to-day management of a manufacturing unit, organised around a specific process or product family, key activities for the Operations Manager include:
- Achieving output, quality and service targets within agreed cost parameters;
- Maintaining positive employee relations climate;
- Identifying and introducing new technologies and process improvements.
- Manufacturing Engineering, Planning and People Management functions. Day-to-day effective management of production, ensuring products are produced in a timely and cost effective manner
- Establish performance targets for the Business Unit, and monitor actual Business Unit performance against targets, taking appropriate and timely corrective action where negative trends begin to emerge.
- Promote & Engage lean manufacture & Visual Management concepts within the business and continuously improve the performance of the business unit.
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements (FDA, ISO, EH&S, etc.)
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving and process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the company to assist team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process.
- Employee selection, training & development, performance appraisals and any disciplinary actions for the Business Unit.
- Prepare and deliver annual budgets (headcount, expense and capital).
- Maximise employee engagement as measured by Q12 (employee engagement survey) while maintaining a strong focus on individual and team performance
- Maintain & improve health & safety systems and promote EHS compliant culture
- Maintain and improve GMP standards and promote quality compliant culture.
- ·Hold scheduled meetings with employees to review Business Unit Performance and identify operational issues, corrective actions and responsibilities.
- Report on Business Unit Performance at Monthly Business Review, covering all aspects of the Business Unit Performance, for example, achievement of production goals, cost reduction efforts, inventory status, process improvements, employee engagement and other topics of critical interest.
- Ensure adequate skill mix within Business Unit, providing training and coaching for team members to ensure that technical and team-based skills are acquired, applied and maintained by cell members.
- Actively promote company culture, mission & values.
- At least 5 years manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level, within a team-based manufacturing environment (Medical Device background desirable but not essential).
- Degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent essential.
- PC literate and strong knowledge of inventory systems, MRP and measurement tools essential.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
- Individual must be challenged by a team-based environment, which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for service levels, inventory management, standard cost and expense control and quality/GMP compliance.
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, aggressively results-oriented environment.
- Strong leadership skills, persuasive but firm and decisive when necessary, and can demonstrate success in managing change, developing the team, and confronting performance issues (such experience in a unionized environment an advantage but not essential).
- Competent in preparing business strategies and implementing action plans.
- An excellent team player that can leverage the abilities of all personnel working within the business unit.
Percent Travel Required for the Operations Manager:
- Up to 10%
For further information on this Senior Operations Manager role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 / email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval