Telephone: 086 0449473
Senior Operations Quality Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Operations Quality Engineer for their site.
- Lead and drive QA initiatives within area of functional responsibility.
- Provide quality input and support to the manufacturing, engineering, prototype and commercial functions.
- Lead and coordinate preparing & on-going maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans.
- Investigating root cause of quality issues and following through with timely and effective corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence for customer and internal issues.
- Strategically lead new product introduction and contract reviews from a QA perspective.
- Preparing and updating Operations procedures and associated documentation.
- Overall responsibility for functional area GMP standards and compliance including the promotion of Quality Awareness.
- Establishing inspection standards, plans, frequencies and test methods.
- Reporting functional are Quality metrics.
- Preparation of Quality reports for Operations meetings and management reviews.
- Have a good working knowledge of ISO/FDA/MDD and other Product Development related regulatory requirements
- Develop strong links with customer organisations and other project stakeholders.
- Understanding of standard metrology good practice.
- Quality review of functional area validation documentation.
- Performing and supporting internal and external audits to ISO and FDA requirements.
- Performing an active role in further development and continuous improvement of the quality management system.
- Support Operations area projects and initiatives i.e. Kaizen, CFPS etc.
- Supervision and direction of Quality personnel.
- Other tasks as directed by the Operations Quality Manager in line with company goals and objectives.
- Degree in Science / Engineering or related fields essential.
- Minimum of 5yrs industry experience in a medical device-manufacturing environment.
- Clear understanding medical device quality systems and requirements, including measurement techniques, would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong CAPA experience.
- Strong root cause analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of FDA and ISO Quality systems for Medical device companies desirable.
- New product introduction and manufacturing process transfer experience desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative essential.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
For further information on this Senior Operations Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Orla on 086 0449473 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval