Senior Packaging Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Packaging Engineer for their site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the Package Engineering function for Technology Transfer programs at the Galway Site
- Thru cross functional team representation drive PDP transfer element for packaging design into operations
- Drive key Packaging manufacturing target conditions across all support programs for the Galway site
- Rigorous process development skill set thru characterization & process validation activities for technology transfers & process improvement initiatives.
- Lead operations continuous improvement initiatives in the P&L space
- Excellent project management & cross functional team collaboration skill set
- Lead P&L Focused initiatives internally and represent the Galway site on Global P&L Initiatives
- Excellent problem solving skills with methodology application for P&L issues
- Provide direct support to the Operations function for sustaining issues both internal and external supply related issues
- Represent P&L at Operations Weekly meeting and drive action in P&L space
- Participate actively with a broad array of Vendors.
- Monitor specific in country regulations as they apply to Packaging Materials and Processes.
- Provide direct input to Sterilization Methods and process changes, with particular input on impacts from a Packaging perspective.
- Understand and comply with Company Guidelines and Regulations.
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for packaging, technology & process development
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level L8 in Engineering/Science or a related discipline, Masters desirably, with five (5) years relevant experience in the medical device sector.
- You are a team player with strong communication, both written and spoken, and high collaboration/engagement skill set.
- You have knowledge of the cell operating infrastructure (manufacturing process) with a proven history on process validation.
- You set high standards and are driven to execute in a highly focused team dynamic.
- You are attention to detail oriented, with critical thinking and sound decision making mind set.
- You have a high quality and compliance ethic.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval