Senior Packaging Engineer
Senior Packaging Engineer
The Senior Packaging Engineer will be responsible for managing various packaging projects, including the designing, developing, and validating a wide variety of package designs to support the development of orthopedic implants and associated devices that are of a complex nature. He or she will also be responsible for developing and coordinating the requirements and specifications for new packaging equipment and processes. Experience with new technologies that will drive packaging innovation resulting in competitive advantages across global platforms is desired.
- Leads the design of new packages and improvement of legacy designs and manufacturing processes or serve as a key member on a project teams.
- Review and understand equipment specifications as supplied by equipment vendors. Management of capital projects from feasibility concept through installation and validation.
- Directs the generation of prototype samples to evaluate new materials and/or design concepts.
- Leads the Risk Analysis role for the package design, process design and process FMEA’s.
- Develops comprehensive validation plans generates protocol and reports.
- Manages collaboration across multiple international facilities.
- Identifies new technologies that will provide innovation and product differentiation.
- Support and manage as required Packaging Development related quality improvement initiatives.
- Coordination of internal and external/contractor resources to develop solutions required to solve complex engineering problems will be a primary focus
- Strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills are essential.
- A thorough understanding of ISO13485, ISO11607, 21 CFR 820 and Process Validation is a must.
- 3 – 5 years' experience in a Medical Device or other regulated industry
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate product cost as well as analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements;
- executing equipment qualification and process validation projects
- developing and executing project plans and scheduling
- programming and troubleshooting processes and standards;
- working with rapid prototyping technologies.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or a related field, plus 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 10% – 15%
For further information on this Senior Packaging Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Production Supervisor We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our Polymer Core Technology department in an Evening…
Maintenance Engineer – Junior 24 month contract As an all-round Maintenance Engineer you are responsible for: Maintaining, revising and modifying:…
Quality Engineer A leading Medical Device company in Galway is looking to hire a Quality Engineer for their site on…