|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Senior Packaging Engineer
Senior Packaging Engineer
- Apply advanced knowledge, under general guidance, on concepts, principles, and technical capabilities for projects of increased scope and complexity.
- Lead and support cross-functional projects for new product development and commercialization, and changes to existing products.
- Establish and manage packaging project schedules.
- Recommend and qualify new packaging materials, equipment, and suppliers.
- Develop and validate sterile packaging and labeling systems and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with and monitor changes to packaging regulations.
- Write and coordinate technical documentation, including design assurance documents, protocols, reports, procedures, specifications, work instructions, and original data.
- Develop and validate test methods.
- Source and validate packaging test equipment.
- Identify, lead, and support cost savings opportunities.
- Represent Hollister at industry events (conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Mentor peers within department
- Educate the organization on packaging best practices.
Work Experience Requirements
- Number of Overall Years Necessary: 5-8
- Sterile medical device packaging system development and validation
- Automated and manual packaging forming, loading, sealing, closing, and labeling equipment selection, development, and validation
- Form-fill-seal and heat seal equipment
- Sterile barrier seal tooling development
- Flexible barrier material performance and selection
- Porous and non-porous material performance and selection
- Design of experiment and process validation
- Statistical analysis
- Test methods for materials, integrity, physical properties, distribution simulation, and aging
- Fiber-based materials, including paperboard and corrugate
- Sterilization processes
- Labeling printers, application equipment, and vision systems
- Color specification
- Human factors and usability engineering
- Technical writing
- Optimization and cost savings
- Bachelor of Science in Packaging. Advanced degree desirable.
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of ISO 11607, EU MDR, UDI, ASTM D10 and F02, IEC 62366, and FDA Guidance on Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Medical Devices
- Experience with Qumas, SAP, CAPE, TOPS, JMP, Minitab, Microscan
Local Specifications (English and Local Language):
- Fluent in English
For further information on this Senior Packaging Engineer role in Mayo please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Maintenance Technician Galway Job Function: Manufacturing Contract: Permanent Shift 24/7 Commutable from Limerick, Clare and Mayo. Job Summary Responsible for…
Manufacturing Project Engineer Commutable from Galway, Limerick, Clare & Mayo Job Summary: Responsible for managing projects from concept to completion…
Senior Process Development Engineer, R&D Our client is recruiting for a Senior PD Engineer for their site in Limerick. The…