Our Client a medical device company in Galway are looking to recruit a Senior Planner for their Galway site.
As a key member of the Supply Chain Team your role will be to lead the planning team for the Business Unit. Key focus will be on creation and maintenance of MPS and capacity models and reporting on schedule adherence and root cause. You will be a key contributor in Implementing best in class production planning techniques & systems to drive production efficiencies, cost improvement activities, development of Oracle supply chain functionality and the lead in the management of the S&OP process. The position reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Develop, maintain, report and ensure effective management of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) for the Business Unit.
- Develop capacity plans to analyse the feasibility of attainment of MPS, reporting potential bottlenecks, issues and risks.
- Communicate production schedules to production and supporting departments.
- Ensuring purchasing activities required to support the MPS are communicated to the relevant people on a timely basis.
- Liaising closely with other relevant functions to ensure the planning and control process is supported by regularly maintained and accurate set of BOMs, routings and item master data.
- Make recommendations to ensure that production, inventory and customer service objectives are being met whilst identifying any production and/or material constraints & risks.
- Develop policies, procedures, systems and processes for the Production Planning area.
- Management of finished goods and Work in Progress inventory to support production strategies within agreed targets.
- Provide support to the Business Unit manager to ensure attainment of KPI's.
- Lead the weekly planning review meetings.
- Implement best in class production planning techniques & systems to drive production efficiencies.
- Supply Chain Lead for the S&OP process.
- Identify, drive & support cost reduction initiatives.
- Management & development of the planning team of 2 schedulers and 2 heijunka operators.
- 10 years manufacturing experience in a multinational Supply Chain environment with exposure to all demand management (DM), master scheduling (MPS), capacity planning (CRP), material planning (MRP) and inventory control.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle supply chain functionality is essential.
- Demonstrated achievement of driving change, continuous improvement and exposure to lean supply chain techniques.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, analytical skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Financially and customer aware.
- Good communicator, team player, proactive and strong inter personal skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative with under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate drive and ambition and an ability to lead.
- Experience in medical device environment desirable but not essential
For further information on this Senior Planner role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval