Contact: Ros Lomasney
Telephone: 021 2066287
Our Client a pharmaceutical company in Galway are looking to recruit a Senior Planner for their Galway site.
Senior Planner Job Description
- Develop, maintain, report and ensure effective management of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) for the Business Unit.
- Develop capacity plans to analyse the feasibility of attainment of MPS, reporting potential bottlenecks, issues and risks.
- Communicate production schedules to production and supporting departments.
- Ensuring purchasing activities required to support the MPS are communicated to the relevant people on a timely basis.
- Liaising closely with other relevant functions to ensure the planning and control process is supported by regularly maintained and accurate set of BOMs, routings and item master data.
- Make recommendations to ensure that production, inventory and customer service objectives are being met whilst identifying any production and/or material constraints & risks.
- Develop policies, procedures, systems and processes for the Production Planning area.
- Management of finished goods and Work in Progress inventory to support production strategies within agreed targets.
- Provide support to the Business Unit manager to ensure attainment of KPI's.
- Lead the weekly planning review meetings.
- Implement best in class production planning techniques & systems to drive production efficiencies.
- Supply Chain Lead for the S&OP process.
- Identify, drive & support cost reduction initiatives.
- Management & development of the planning team of 2 schedulers and 2 heijunka operators.
- 4 years manufacturing experience in a multinational Supply Chain environment with exposure to all demand/supply planning, supply chain, capacity planning, material planning/management, inventory control.
- Experience of working with ERP Systems
- Business/Engineering Degree
- APICS Qualification
- Demonstrated achievement of driving change, continuous improvement and exposure to lean supply chain techniques.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, analytical skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Good communicator, team player, proactive and strong inter personal skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative with under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate drive and ambition and an ability to lead.
- Experience in medical device environment desirable but not essential
For further information on this a Senior Planner role in Galway please contact Ros on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval