Job ID: JOB-12718
Senior Supply Chain Planner
We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain Professionals about this great new job opportunity in Shannon with one of our industry leading clients. Our client are looking to attract a Senior Planner on a permanent basis. This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages.
Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in Supply Chain in Shannon and we can talk through if it’s the right job for you. Based in Galway this role is commutable from Clare, Mayo and Limerick.
As a Supply Chain Planner, he/she is part of the Central Planning team and will have supply chain responsibility for:
- Distribution planning between Node 1 Distribution centers (EMEA & US) for designated range of products
- Primarily responsible for driving sustainable improvements in the Service Levels of assigned business segments
- Project manage strategic initiatives for the central planning team
- Prioritization and Communication upstream and downstream into the supply chain
- Create a lean, agile and cost-efficient supply plan which meets the service requirements required for the business segments from internal and external customers as well as supports business opportunities.
- Collaborate and coordinates NPI projects for designated portfolio
- Key Point of Escalation for any service related issues pertaining to designated portfolio
- Identify and communicate risk related to NPI, transfers, discontinuation or base business
- Collaborate and communicate with Distribution, Procurement, Global Customer Service, Supply and Production Planning, and other internal & external stakeholders
- Support the implementation of Lean Supply Chain Tools and concepts Support for Operational Excellence assessments, and identify operational gaps within the Supply Chain
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of Lean Supply Chain, Pull Replenishment, JIT and Batch Sizing, while providing on-site training to partner supplier associates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be one point of contact for the region for your business as well as Operations and Supply Chain Leadership Team on all supply chain related matters.
- Perform project management activities, monitor and report progress against stated objectives and goals
- Has got a good knowledge of the product portfolio and regional markets (internal and external customer), requirements and is able to translate requirements from the business into supply chain and operational process requirements.
- Responsible for the alignment and coordination of all inbound supply and outbound distribution flows into the different MRP areas of the Node 1 DCs. Leads and coordinates cross-departmental supply chain performance improvement initiatives.
- Provides input for his/her business segments into the overall monthly and weekly Supply Chain Performance Reporting.
- Organizes and chairs a weekly Supply Chain Meeting by region with designated team members from Customer Service, Inventory Management and Supply Chain Coordination as well as Supply Planning, extended with business partners on a need by basis.
- Able to perform in depth supply chain analysis, identifying supply chain issues, determine root causes and initiate and lead short, mid and long term improvement projects focused on optimizing service next to driving cost optimization efforts.
- Initiate and standardize improvements and developments within the Supply process from an S&OP perspective. Identify and implement best-practices.
- Support Operational Excellence assessments, identify initial gaps and create specific supplier improvement action plans.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the “essential functions” for purposes of the ADA.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- BSc/MSc level in Supply Chain/Business/Engineering.
- Supply Chain/Operations certification, like APICS CPIM/CSCP/ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a pre.
- Experience with medical devices preferred
- Excellent and dynamic oral and written communications skills and proven ability to lead productive meetings. Including resolving differences in a positive manner;
- Comfortable to work in a cross-functional and matrix environment and effectively manage within diverse and global cultures;
- Able to leverage a vast network of contacts in different areas of expertise inside and outside of the company;
- ERP (SAP & JDE modules PP/MM) and APS (SAP-IBP) systems knowledge and experience with strong understanding of MRP/ERP fundamentals and processes;
- Excellent knowledge of MS applications;
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business and operations
- Has extensive knowledge of Lean supply chain management tools and concepts.
- Demonstrated ownership of ability to lead multiple projects with broad scope and complexity. Working collaboratively, teaming, and effective workshop facilitation.
For more information on this role in Galway please contact Peter Muldoon on 086 0462367 Email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…