Contact: Caroline Kingston
Telephone: 086 8395531
Senior Planner/Buyer - Contract
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Planner/Buyer for their site on a contract basis.
The Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) Senior Planner/Buyer will ultimately be responsible for co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and procurement of raw materials and components, converting the output of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and the Detailed Schedule (DS) for Commercial, Clinical & Project needs into material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity of components to the production lines & projects when needed. Communicating the plan to the different suppliers within the agreed lead times. Be an integral part of a team which optimizes the flow of materials, while considering the plant warehouse capacities and inventory targets in order to eliminate potential disruptions in the storage, storage costs and avoiding material scrap (SLOB) both at site level which rolls up to API Large Molecule Platform Level.
- Execute the development, maintenance, communication and publication of the Materials Requirements Plans (MRP) to ensure that patient / customer requirements are met. Maintain Raw Materials and Component inventories within our goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials. Contribute to the global balancing of Materials and Components within Global Planning, ensuring efficient and effective procurement & inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and cost. Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet plan requirements.
- Liaises with the suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
- Partner with Global Procurement to drive Supplier performance improvement including quality and on-time delivery in line with MPS.
- Communicate where required into the Supply Review Meetings (SRM) and Short Term Exception Management (STEM) processes at both Site and Platform Level.
- In partnership with Source, tracks and reports site / platform level supplier service performance, communicating the information to the relevant parties.
- Interfaces with Quality and Warehouse staff regarding rejected / defective materials, making the necessary physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a prompt return of goods or disposal.
- Executes potential deviations to the plan assessing with the suppliers the feasibility of the changes, rapidly highlighting to the affected internal stakeholders if the changes are not possible.
- Liaises with warehouse staff to understand and adhere to space constraints, managing inventory levels within agreed targets.
- Support the RCCP/ S&OP processes for material and component suppliers.
- Effectively partner with all internal and external business partners.
- Focuses and encourages continuous improvements (CI) of the process supported.
- Supports material and component Phase in and Phase Out processes.
- Connect with Supply Planning to ensure seamless flow of information and ensure a fully integrated approach to delivering key metrics – Customer Service, Inventory, and Cost.
- Develop and project-manage regional and global programs to deliver continuous improvement in KPI’s.
- Align with strategies and realization of departmental and company goals, advances succession planning by holding career conversations with material planning lead.
- Honours’ Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline is essential
- Masters’ Degree (NFQ Level 9) is desirable.
- Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
- Project Management Certification is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
- Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical and/or Biopharmaceutical industry preferable.
- Experience in the use of SAP would be beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills and capabilities:
- Demonstrate the drive, eagerness and capabilities to be successful in this role with a view to developing and progressing to leadership level.
- Development of an efficient and effective Material planning supply chain management processes and systems.
- Engage with vendors in an ethical and compliant manner.
- Selection and integration of vendors to ensure a high level of supply chain management performance.
- Implementation of an efficient and effective Materials flow process.
- Customer focused ensuring that customer requirements are clearly planned for and communicated within the organization.
- Results driven, while ensuring the optimization and efficient use of resources.
- Contribute to the innovation and continuous improvement within the company
- Ensure a clearly identifiable work ethos.
- Collaborative and cross-functional with all other departments within the company and to align across the organizations.
- Ensure department and personnel goals and objectives are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform at both a strategic and tactical levels within and across the organization.
- Ensure a high level of integrity and implementation of Credo-based actions.
For further information on this Senior Planner/Buyer role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval