Senior Planner (Sales & Operations Planning)/Master Production Scheduler
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Planner (Sales & Operations Planning)/Master Production Scheduler for their site.
- The primary focus of this role is to lead the Sales and Operations Planning business process within the company, through the implementation of a strategic approach to the Supply Chain function by introducing processes that will develop the MPS and give full visibility of Materials and capacity constraints and rough cut capacity planning. Working closely with the Supply Chain Manager and other key stakeholders to advice on when key resources, materials and equipment will be required in the business. Support the other members of the supply chain team with reference to strategic and tactical material and capacity planning.
- Lead the Sales & Operations Planning Business Process through the alignment of the supply chain function with the commercial functions of Sales, Marketing and Business development
- Liaise with commercial functions and other operational functions (Finance, Manufacturing, Customer Services, Engineering, Quality, R&D and Product Launch) to align expectations, preferences & priorities and the availability of materials, capital equipment, capacity and financial projections.
- Communicate with Management to understand and link high-level strategic plans with day-to-day operations and report on the progress and alignment using key performance Indicators, e.g. total backorders, inventory holding, stock policy and performance against shipping plan.
- Develop a phased approach to the creation and implementation of a clearly defined supply chain strategy looking at sales forecasting, inventory policy, and demand/supply planning.
- Evaluate & prioritise commercial and operational data to identify and analyse key metrics to develop the supply chain strategy and review the current supply chain metrics.
- Cultivate strong & collaborative cross functional relationships through the understanding of commercial drivers and diverse stakeholder perspectives.
- Manage demand review process over an 18 month planning horizon for all customers and product families.
- Routinely review all customer demand and supply resources to ensure forecasts provide accurate visibility for the coming months.
- Drive planning and forecast management across a range of products.
- Lead monthly review with Commercial and Business owners to develop sales forecasts.
- Develop an MPS on a monthly basis and manage the conflicting preferences between supply and demand.
- Manage inventory policy and drive improvement in inventory turns at Raw Material and Finished Goods levels in line with forecasts / stock holding policies for assigned areas.
- Manage, set and control planning horizons and time fences.
- Review safety stock levels to support agreed service to Customers.
- To assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability.
- To liaise with purchasing and artwork control to manage BOM changes in line with customer requirements and open orders to ensure that stock write offs are minimised.
- Develop a process to manage short shelf materials are identified and consumed before expiring.
- Involvement in continuous improvement projects, utilising Lean/Six Sigma.
- Ensure product availability through effective management of available capacity while ensuring cost and quality compliance.
- Chair the S&OP and MPS meetings, communicating changes and additions to plans.
- Liaise with S&M, C/S, Production, Product Launch, Artwork Operations and R&D to implement improvements and drive new product initiatives.
- 5+ years' experience of S&OP/ Demand Supply planning in a regulated industry ideally pharmaceuticals/medical
- Experience in demand/supply planning, supply chain, production, manufacturing or materials management.
- Engineering/Business degree or equivalent industry experience
- APICS qualification.
- High level of experience in Excel, Microsoft Access.
- Previous experience working with ERP Systems.
- Excellent communication, influencing, numeric and interpersonal skills.
- Lean/continuous improvement experience
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval