Senior Planner / Master Production Scheduler
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Planner / Master Production Scheduler for their site.
What will I be doing
- Lead the Sales and Operations Planning business process within the company, through the implementation of a strategic approach to the Supply Chain function by introducing processes that will develop the MPS and give full visibility of Materials and capacity constraints and rough cut capacity planning.
- Working closely with the Supply Chain Manager and other key stakeholders to advice on when key resources, materials and equipment will be required in the business.
- Support the other members of the supply chain team with reference to strategic and tactical material and capacity planning.
- Lead the Sales & Operations Planning Business Process through the alignment of the supply chain function with the commercial functions of Sales, Marketing and Business development
- Liaise with commercial functions and other operational functions to align expectations, preferences & priorities and the availability of materials, capital equipment, capacity and financial projections.
- Communicate with Management to understand and link high-level strategic plans with day-to-day operations and report on the progress and alignment using key performance Indicators,
- Develop a phased approach to the creation and implementation of a clearly defined supply chain strategy looking at sales forecasting, inventory policy, and demand/supply planning.
- Evaluate & prioritise commercial and operational data to identify and analyse key metrics to develop the supply chain strategy and review the current supply chain metrics.
- Cultivate strong & collaborative cross functional relationships through the understanding of commercial drivers and diverse stakeholder perspectives.
- Manage demand review process over an 18 month planning horizon for all customers and product families.
- Routinely review all customer demand and supply resources to ensure forecasts provide accurate visibility for the coming months.
- Drive planning and forecast management across a range of products.
- Lead monthly review with Commercial and Business owners to develop sales forecasts.
- Develop an MPS on a monthly basis and manage the conflicting preferences between supply and demand.
- Manage inventory policy and drive improvement in inventory turns at Raw Material and Finished Goods levels in line with forecasts / stock holding policies for assigned areas.
- Manage, set and control planning horizons and time fences.
- Review safety stock levels to support agreed service to Customers.
- To assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability.
- To liaise with purchasing and artwork control to manage BOM changes in line with customer requirements and open orders to ensure that stock write offs are minimised.
- Develop a process to manage short shelf materials are identified and consumed before expiring.
- Involvement in continuous improvement projects, utilising Lean/Six Sigma.
- Ensure product availability through effective management of available capacity while ensuring cost and quality compliance.
- Chair the S&OP and MPS meetings, communicating changes and additions to plans.
- Liaise with S&M, C/S, Production, Product Launch, Artwork Operations and R&D to implement improvements and drive new product initiatives.
- 5+ years' experience of S&OP/ Demand Supply planning in a regulated industry
- Experience in demand/supply planning, supply chain, production, manufacturing or materials management.
- Engineering or Business degree or equivalent industry experience
- APICS qualification.
- High level of experience in Excel, Microsoft Access.
- Previous experience working with ERP Systems.
- Excellent communication, influencing, numeric and interpersonal skills.
- Lean/continuous improvement experience
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval