Senior PMO Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Sr PMO Engineer for their site.
At our Research & Development Department, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
- You will be responsible for representing the Project Management Office (PMO) serving as Program/Project Manager in the execution of projects.
- You will build cross functional project schedules from first principles.
- You will be leading project management activities (e.g. project planning, tracking, risk management, communications) within New Product Development (NPD) projects, lead continuous improvement projects to drive better execution of NPD projects and lead & drive projects/sub-projects as necessary.
- You will contribute occasionally as leader of crisis teams chartered with getting projects back on track.
- You will support the overall project management infrastructure (metrics, reporting, administration, business reviews etc.).
- You will participate in implementing best practice tools and techniques in project management within NPD projects and within the Galway site.
- You will manage changing priorities on projects through effective schedule management and deployment of PM methodologies.
- You will keep Core Team Leader, Project Review Committee, key Sponsors and Stakeholders abreast of organizational capacity constraints and portfolio risks.
- You will operate as a role model by striving for continuous improvement and being an agent of change.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level (L8) in Engineering / Science or related discipline and desirably with 5 years plus experience working in Project Management environment.
- Must have Technical Engineering experience You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with MS project, MS Office and good team skills with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Good communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all employees - outlining the actions and behaviours we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
We are committed to being experts in what we do, with a clear vision of where we are going and the plan to get there.
- Demonstrates Global Business Acumen
- Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions
- Sets Strategic Direction
We partner with and involve others, knowing that diverse talent, skills, and perspectives lead to better outcomes.
- Collaborates and Creates Alignment
- Attracts, Deploys, and Develops Talent
- Fosters Diversity and Inclusion
We are bold thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, partners, and customers.
- Focuses on Patient and Customer
- Generates Breakthrough Ideas
- Initiates and Leads Change
We do what we say we are going to do, delivering results with the highest standards.
Sets High Standards
Instils Operational Excellence
Models Ethical Behavior
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval