Senior Polymer Engineer Galway
This Senior Polymer Engineer job is a permanent role. Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Polymer Engineer for their site.
The Senior Polymer Engineer will be responsible for providing scientific understanding and technical engineering skills to meet business goals and objectives. They will also have the ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of technical reports within the business.
- Provide engineering and technical leadership on product and process issues within the Extrusion manufacturing area ensuring performance to key metrics across the areas of People/Safety, Quality, Service & Cost.
- Directly supervise, lead and develop the Extrusion Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Provide technical leadership to the Engineers and Technicians within the team for daily production support, problem solving and process improvement.
- Lead technical improvement under the team's VIP (Cost reduction) program.
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Liaison with quality and engineering both internal to the plant and externally within the corporation.
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process and the NPE meetings with respect to new products.
- Ongoing manufacturing support in order to help the team meet its business objectives of quality, output and cost.
- Maintain a valid capacity model in co-operation with the line Supervisor and conduct adequate advance planning for required capital.
- Provide technical leadership/guidance for the Technicians on the team (with specific responsibility to ensure that the preventative maintenance program is adequate and timely).
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, which complies with GMP in conjunction with the other team members.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Responsible for other projects as assigned by the company.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understands and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Ensures all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified, ideally in Polymer/Materials Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years work experience.
- Strong theoretical & practical knowledge of core polymer processes including multi-layer and multi-lumen Extrusion (Will also consider candidates with Moulding background)
- Proven track record in providing engineering and technical leadership on product and process issues within core polymer processes.
- People management experience a distinct advantage.
For further information on this Senior Polymer Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne on 0212066287/ email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval