Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Polymer Engineer for their site.
The Senior Polymer Engineer should have a full understanding of the injection moulding process across a range of applications. The role includes direct support of tool procurement, design, process optimisation and transfer to production. The position will report into the Engineering Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process Introduction of New Tools; Tool trials at tool makers and in-house, tool set-up, qualification runs and handover to production.
- Assist with the design and debugging of new systems, tooling and automation.
- Completion of IQ, OQ, PQ validation reports. Complete product validations being capable of generating a process window / IQ / OQ / PQ protocols and reports.
- Perform designed experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-ups.
- Front line liaison with customers, suppliers and toolmakers.
- Responsible for the Moulding Process Systems including setting sheets, process control, deviation and control of setting sheets.
- Troubleshooting, supporting Team Leaders as required.
- Liaising with tool room, maintenance, production and quality on a daily basis.
- Develop/Implement maintenance programs for moulding and ancillary equipment.
- Assist in maintaining clean, safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training / Experience
- Degree in Polymer or Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years? experience mould design, procurement, process development and validation experience.
- A knowledge of Engineering and Quality systems.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost effective solutions.
- A demonstrated ability to follow structured problem solving methodology.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and manage large projects, Project Teams and multi-project portfolios.
- Ability to make and implement decisions.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to work in a highly technical, challenging and changing environment.
- Working knowledge of measurement systems.
- Experience in cleanroom procedures and medical moulding would be an advantage, but not necessary.
- Familiar with process set up and validation, including performing process window/repeatability studies, DOE?s, IQ, OQ, PQ etc.
For further information on this Senior Polymer Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval