Senior Principal R/D Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Principal R/D Engineer for their site.
- At our world leading Research & Development Department in the company, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
- We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with 10 - 15 years relevant experience - additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with medical device product development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
- You are a proven influencer and exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval