Senior Principal R&D Engineer
Senior Principal R&D Engineer
My MNC Medical Device client are recruiting a Senior Principal R&D Engineer for their Galway site.
You will be tasked with leading the technical development of new products through early stage investigation/research and/or translation of that into commercial medical devices
I’m seeking a highly experienced engineer to focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialisation of cutting-edge structural heart devices. The company provides a defined technical career path with ample developmental opportunities to progress to higher levels of technical leadership roles in the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the rapidly growing world of Structural Heart where this company is a market leader.
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent Medtronic while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
- I am looking for a qualified person to Degree level in Engineering or related discipline with 10 – 15 years relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous
- This role is primarily technical in nature, thus I’m seeking someone who is passionate about Engineering concepts and principles – someone who gets a thrill from how and why things work
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
- You are experienced with medical device product development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management
- You are a seasoned professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
- You are a proven influencer and exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives
- Strong communication and presentation skills are desirable
For further information on this Senior Principal R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Sustaining Engineer Our client, a leading MNC is recruiting for a Senior Sustaining Engineer for their site in Limerick….
Senior Principal R&D Engineer My MNC Medical Device client are recruiting a Senior Principal R&D Engineer for their Galway site….
Senior Human Factors Engineer My medical technology client in Limerick are recruiting for a Senior Human Factors Engineer to become…