Telephone: 086 8395533
Senior Principle R/D Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Principle R/D Engineer for their site.
The role includes the following responsibilities and skill sets:
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
- We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with 10 - 15 years relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with medical device product development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
- You are a proven influencer and exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this Senior Principle R/D Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval