Our client, one of the world’s leading medical technology companies is recruiting for a Senior Product Design Engineer. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. This role will be based in Cork. The Process Development Engineer will contribute and lead complex teams to advance assigned projects through the development process to market launch.
- Direct and manage the workflow of engineers within the scope of assigned projects
- Interface with clinical advisors to gather input for design and evaluation of new products. This includes organizing and managing cadaver labs and consultant panel meetings
- Model and detail implant and instrument designs utilizing Pro/Engineer design software
- Manage the design control creation through the New Product Development Process (NPDP). Work with Program Managers and oversee technical teams to ensure project plans adhere to agreed upon timelines and are within the scope of the NPDP guidelines
- Lead and participate on cross-functional design teams to develop new product, address design issues, and maintain existing designs
- Utilize advanced knowledge of the surgical procedure and relationships with clinical advisors to develop innovative solutions to solve problems and satisfy customer needs
- Establish and maintain relationships with key design consulting groups in order to recognize and anticipate industry trends and user needs
- Mentor other engineers in project management best practices and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, Science, or a related field of study is required for this position.
- 4 years of product process development experience ideally in the medical device industry or equivalent is also required.
- Someone who has the ability to contribute to complex product development initiatives from concept through release and to apply design controls within a regulated industry
- Individuals should have the ability to achieve work objectives both independently and as a leader/member of a work team
- Experience with a parametric CAD design package
- Our client is looking for user-focused creators, motivated product launchers, curious learners and people who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what’s next.
For further information on this role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.