Telephone: 087 2197421
Senior Process Development Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Process Development Engineer for their site.
- The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for day to day engineering support of manufacturing as well as process development and improvement activities related to cost reduction, new product introductions, safety, etc.
- Lead engineering activity within the Manufacturing Group.
- Support and Identify the Engineering teams Training and Development requirements.
- Coach and mentor the Engineering team.
- Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan.
- Identify and develop, using Lean/6 sigma engineering, improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping Group.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identifies and implements short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversee Validation Activities
- Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification, with 5-10yrs experience.
- Working knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results would be very beneficial.
- Strong technical background and capabilities.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of Medical Device development/manufacture, would be very desirable.
For further information on this Senior Process Development Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval