Our client, a manufacturing company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer for their site.
This person will be a subject matter expert for the development of process engineering solutions for internal and customer requirements. The successful candidate will draw on a broad range of experience to understand the client requirements. The person will research, propose and present solutions that will be the basis for the product design and manufacture. The PE will be responsible for the process engineering and process-related design and testing deliverables during the project and will support the project manager in achieving the overall project aims.
- Review the User Requirements Specification, the client requirements and the Project Quality Plan. Generate a Process Flow Diagram (PFD); Process and Instrumentation Drawing (P&ID); Process Functional Specification (PFD) for the project. These documents will provide the project technical scope of supply.
- Undertake equipment selection in conjunction with the Engineering Leads and develop/review and approve datasheets for each item of equipment to be purchased.
- Undertake PED classification and generate/review and approve the Line List and PED assessment. Co-ordinate with Quality Department and arrange for Notified Body assessment if necessary.
- Establish requirements for HAZOP, Design Review and Safety Risk Assessments.
- Collaborate closely on developing the automation system architecture and design. Issue relevant design documentation to Automation Engineers. Review automation design documents as necessary.
- Attend and contribute to 30%, 60% and 90% Design Reviews.
- Develop test strategies and plans for the verification of the built system.
- Min 5-8 years? experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry either in a design contractor / supplier or manufacturing plant.
- Experience must be related to the specification, design, build, procurement of process equipment.
- The candidate is expected to be knowledgeable and experienced in the design, specification and verification of process systems.
- The candidate will have excellent communication skills: listening to the client personnel, understanding their requirement and presenting your engineering solution to them is a critical part of this role.
- The successful candidate will have proven experience of Facility Design including:
- Technical specification preparation/technical bid evaluation of key upstream and downstream process equipment: Bioreactors, Ultrafiltration, Chromatography, centrifuges, Clean Utility Generation or related equipment.
- P&ID development through all design stages: conceptual, preliminary, detailed engineering, construction.
- Excellent knowledge of industry trends in drug substance facility design and operation.
Candidates must demonstrate an:
- Authority and knowledge in process engineering.
- Ability to understand and convey concepts and principles.
- Ability to present solutions to the key stakeholders, clients and suppliers.
- Ability to liaise with international clients within different sectors and across multiple functions, including non-engineering professionals.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines with an organised and adaptable approach to their work.
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval