Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- Actively participate in Quality Function Deployment, design FMEA, project plan development, updates to management board and other core team activities to help establish project direction and insure total team success
- Input manufacturing requirements into product design and insure product is properly designed for manufacture and suppliers are properly selected and qualified
- Select and work together with suppliers and designers to finalize product design, material selection and final process selection
- Conduct process pFMEA sessions during Design and Validation phases
- Design, specify, procure and install assembly equipment, jigs, fixtures and gages, specify acceptance criteria, spare parts and calibration
- Develop assembly process applying appropriate "world class" manufacturing concepts
- Develop, design, validate and start up manufacturing and assembly operations that meet team objectives for product quality, cost and performance
- Train mechanics and operators on internal processes & equipment requirements
- Using appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, complete process capability studies and process validation on both internal and supplier processes
- Contribute to decision-making in all areas of project including financial, marketing, planning, quality and design
- Assignments will typically be of high complexity and impact to organization
- Demonstrated experience in new product process design and development for new products / processes with multiple factors, responses and interactions.
- Thorough working knowledge of the validation requirements for Medical Devices with demonstrated experience.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools (DMAIIC, DMADV, or Lean) which include Design of Experiments, capability analysis, sampling statistics and techniques, CTQ flow down, C/E Matrix, pFMEA, fish bone diagrams, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of statistical software is required. Candidates who have experience using MiniTab or other statistics based software are preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of project plans
- Excellent communication skills; making complex issues easy for others to understand and the ability to prepare communications for team and senior management.
- Strong time, budget, and program management skills
- Experience in leading technical teams and influencing.
- Mentors less senior engineers
- Able to travel up to 25%
For further information on this Senior Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne-Marie on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval