Senior Procurement Specialist
Job ID: JOB-11893
Senior Procurement Specialist
Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company based in Galway, are currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement Specialist to support multiple teams. As part of this role, you will be expected to lead and develop assigned Category Procurement Strategies across assigned regions.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in both Corporate and Division organizations to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- Be accountable for building and nurturing stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements and providing sourcing and procurement services.
- Leveraging professional expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results. Leads the development of functional strategy.
- Leverage market and supplier knowledge to drive lower total cost of ownership.
- Develop and mentor peers on the category subject matter and sourcing strategies.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Develop and lead category strategies in collaboration with senior leadership and execute to completion that have impact upon global business.
- Perform value analysis on costs and supplier quotes
- Support the development and completion of contracts, CDAs, statement of work (SOW) and standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Recommend process improvements to streamline for efficiencies.
Education & Background
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Supply Chain, Business or Technical area (e.g. Engineering). MBA preferred.
- Class A, APICS, Lean or Six Sigma certification or experience preferred.
- 3-6 years of procurement, supply chain or operations experience.
- Experience in a highly regulated matrix environment.
- Experience dealing with Privacy data requirements and contracting (PII, HIPAA, PCI, PHI).
- Skilled negotiator with knowledge of contract structures and language.
- Change manager with strong influencing skills.
- Proficiency in excel and other analytical tools.
- Proficient communication skills; verbal and written for recommendations and presentations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong initiative, work ethic and problem-solving skills.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…