Senior Product Designer
Job ID: JOB-11340
Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) Remote
Our client, a technology company based in the North West of Ireland are currently looking to recruit a Product Designer, this position can be worked fully remote but must be resident in Ireland
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Senior Product Designer who is comfortable in complexity to lead the design of our new product roadmap and grow Design Thinking in the organisation.
BSc in Design, CS or equivalent working experience
Ireland based, remote working with occasional onsite work in, Leitrim as well as occasional international travel
It’s an exciting time to join the team as we embark on the next generation of our user experience. We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to help us deliver major updates to our enterprise SaaS web application and mobile apps while working with our product designer to shape and rollout our design system.
We’re seeking someone with a flair for translating complexity into beautiful, engaging experiences. The right designer will help us update existing elements, components, pages and flows to deliver customer needs, while defining unified styles and patterns across our products. We’re at an early stage of our Design System journey but have big plans.
Our product houses complex business logic that helps some of the world’s leading organisations understand and manage their projects and portfolios — it is vast and has a lot of moving parts.
You will lead design of the information architecture, user flows and interactive facets of this functionality, stripping complexity from the user experience while solving critical customer problems and delivering great business outcomes.
Day to day, you will work with the product owner, product designer, business analysts and developers to shape requirements, estimate and plan work, review designs, contribute to the design system and determine the best way to validate solutions.
You will also collaborate with the project managers, developers and test engineers to understand technical capabilities and address issues.
We’re scaling our UX research and hands-on research experience is essential to the role. We want to hear how you have used research methods to identify opportunities and problems, and validate your solutions.
- Evangelise Design Thinking in the organisation, leading by example
- Gather requirements from customers, stakeholders and the product team
- Help define goals, objectives and success criteria for design solutions
- Design key improvements to our enterprise web application and mobile app
- Work on new product development, from research and ideation to delivery, measurement and improvement
- Create prototypes and test them with internal and external users
- Plan and execute UX research to help us better understand our users
- Help embed our new analytics platform
- Support the mid-level product designer and help scale the team over time
- Lead the creation of our design system and help ensure its success, building on the initial design structures we have put in place
- Work with the PO to manage the design backlog and set the design roadmap
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, dev, support, marketing, sales and QA to identify pain points and come up with ideas to solve them
Required Skills and Experience
- A senior level portfolio demonstrating your skills and experience with SaaS product design and Design Thinking
- Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered
- A problem-solving attitude and persuasion
- Comfort in complexity. You can think about the big picture while being attentive to detail
- A proven history of hands-on, valid UX Research
- Strategic experience. You will manage and shape the design roadmap, communicating with stakeholders on a continuous basis to shape its direction
- Experience with design systems, with demonstrable examples of your contribution
- Fluency in at least one UI design application
- Right now, we use Adobe XD for design and basic prototyping
- Fluency in at least one prototyping application or process
- We turn to Axure and markup when things get complex
- Ability to work remotely, independently, prioritise tasks and meet ambitious deadlines
- Excellent communication skills. You can articulate and defend design decisions to diverse stakeholders and customers in plain English
- Knowledge of SDLC and Project Management
- A understanding of CSS and front-end technology is not required but will be beneficial
- We will provide you with whatever equipment you need to get work done. MacBook Pros are our standard for design
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary. We believe that salaries should not be lower just because our company is located outside of the country’s capital city.
- We offer flexible working, life insurance and pension.
- We encourage team events, run wellness initiatives and are committed to our local community and local charities.
- Opportunities to travel (when possible) are available for those interested in seeing more of the world while also working to deliver for our clients.
For further information on this Design role please contact Dee on 086 7902191/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11624 Senior Network Operations Engineer Our client, a telecoms company is currently looking to recruit a Senior Network…
Job ID: JOB-11632 Automation & Controls Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company located in Ballina are looking to…
Job ID: JOB-11631 Senior Financial Accountant Our client a large pharmaceutical company is recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant to…