Telephone: 086 3073779
Senior Product Development Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo is currently looking to recruit a Senior Product Development Engineer for their site.
- The successful candidate will have extensive product development experience and will be capable of delivering innovative new products and successfully participating in cross-functional Technology or New Product Development teams for global continence care related projects.
- The successful candidate will be capable of interfacing with senior management within the organization and will effectively delivery product solutions which benefit our customers.
- Representing the product development function in cross-functional product commercialization teams from Front End Innovation through to Commercial Launch.
- Design and development of new products, including concept development, high-level design feasibility, prototype development, detailed design, test method development, design verification/validation, shelf-life determination and product commercialization.
- Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance.
- Liaising with clinicians and with customers to understand their needs and to therefore optimize product functionality and performance.
- Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company's development processes.
- Developing a high level of understanding of internal customer requirements.
- Conducting sophisticated analysis of data and developing detailed reports documenting results, conclusions and recommendations
- An honours Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related discipline is required.
- A post graduate qualification in a related discipline is preferred.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years product development in medical device design is required.
- Experience in medical device design principals, material selection, design concept validation and test method development is required.
- Experience of working under medical device design controls, with proven knowledge of design verification/validation and design/process FMEAs is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerance-analysis and design-for-manufacturing is required.
- Experience of medical device regulations including GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), QSR (Quality Systems Regulations) and ISO quality requirements is required.
- Strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively through strong technical and/or project leadership experience is required.
- A demonstrated track-record of being part of successful cross-functional product development teams is required.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and root cause analysis skills are required.
- The ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to all levels of the organization is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite is required.
- Proficiency with CAD software is preferred.
For further information on this Senior Product Development Engineer role in Mayo please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.iePlease Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval