Our client a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Product Development Engineer for their site.
The role involves working closely with the prototype manager, customers and internal stakeholders to develop prototype solutions for new and novel applications. You will be the lead technical engineer for the portfolio of prototypes currently being produced in Galway.
- S/He will technical lead and steer the prototype group and stakeholders ensuring the correct technologies and test equipment are identified and used.
- S/He will mentor, train and support the development of the engineering team within the prototype group.
- The Senior Product Development Engineer will report to the R&D Manager/prototype Manager.
- Lead project team(s) to deliver project(s) against agreed milestones with customers.
- Influence the project scope (Schedule, cost, quality), change request management and technically lead the respective projects.
- The senior engineer will be responsible for the technical leadership and deliverables for the project.
- Communicate project status, performance and risks to the Projects group lead.
- Lead the service delivery requirements for certain projects.
- The staff engineer will be required to technically lead a small core team of Engineering resources; this includes coaching and coordinating the project team in pursuit of project objectives, including time management, resource management and project risk management.
- Customer management: The staff engineer will have responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project and is consulted on functional issues that could affect the relationship.
- The staff engineer ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
- Participate and contribute to ongoing efficiency and improvement programs and make recommendations on future technical capability growth.
- Contribute to business development opportunities including customer visits (including foreign travel) as well as proposal development and generation and technical review of opportunities.
Skills and Qualification
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering / Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years’ experience in medical devices, with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- The staff engineer will have good product technology, process technology as applied in catheters and be knowledgeable in the design and development design control process and overall product development cycles.
- A very strong technical background in catheter technologies and construction is essential.
- S/He will have a good application knowledge of catheters and access technologies in at least one of the following therapy areas: structural heart, coronary and neurovascular applications.
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of Minimally Invasive Catheters, their construction and application.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer & sales expectations.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of composite shafts and their manufacturing processes, including:
Braiding, coiling, lamination and tipping.
Knowledge of their end-use invasive procedures.
Laser cutting and welding (optional).
For further information on this Engineering role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 0868395533 email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.