Senior Product Development Engineer
Senior Product Development Engineer
My award-winning design and contract manufacturing client who provide solutions for the medical device market are hiring for a senior PD engineer ro join their team and report into the head of design on site in Galway
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead & develop product development for customer projects (which may include multiple simultaneous projects) to ensure that customer requirements are defined, translated into product development specifications and ultimately delivered.
- Work closely with design and process development engineers to deliver user focused designs that are designed for manufacture when transferred to production.
- Lead and support the following product development activities:
- Concept development, Feasibility, Design Verification & Validation execution stages of new products or product enhancements
- Delivery of Mechanical Design solutions for early stage and end stage product development
- Risk assessment, Risk Management as per ISO14971
- Prototyping and testing concept designs and initial engineering builds
- CAD development & tolerance stack up analysis – SolidWorks 3D CAD proficient in complex assemblies, surface modelling – 2d drawings
- Pilot production trials to assess concept feasibility & troubleshoot design risk
- Development of Product Specification & Test Method Development and documentation of such in Product Input w/Output format
- Design verification, including development of test protocols & conducting of testing as per ISO13485 & ideally ISO1055
- Work with Design team to define & complete Product validation and usability testing
- Work with Quality team to complete Design Stage Gate reviews
- Work with Process Development team and Production teams to complete transfer to production and pre-production planning
- Work with the PM to define, plan, track and report on Product Development projects; this should include use of Work Breakdown Structures, Project Plans, Costing etc.
- Lead development of project proposals outlining cost, schedule, risk etc. & liaise with customers to present and review proposals to secure project sale
- Work with Customer complaints & Quality team to evaluate product non-conformances to assist in root cause analysis and recommend design modifications if appropriate.
Education & Experience Required:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in product development for medical devices, ideally in highly regulated Class III devices
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerance-analysis and design-for-manufacturing is required
- Mechanical Design experience required
- Highly experienced in product specification design; translation of design inputs to engineering outputs, tolerance stack up analysis, as well as product testing; limit challenge testing, test method development, test method validation etc.
- Experience of working under medical device design controls, with proven knowledge of design verification/validation and design/process FMEAs is required. Experience of medical device regulations including GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), QSR (Quality Systems Regulations) and ISO quality requirements is required
- Experienced in Risk Management for medical devices and associated documentation processes
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and root cause analysis skills are required
- Experience designing for manufacturability particularly for plastics, and experience with related supplier management
- Highly experienced in project management, from conception to delivery; strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively through strong technical and/or project leadership experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to all levels of the organisation is required
- Experience in team management and a demonstrated track-record of being part of successful cross-functional product development teams is required
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (e.g. Solidworks) and MS Office Suite is required
For further information on this Senior Product Development Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Product Development Engineer My award-winning design and contract manufacturing client who provide solutions for the medical device market are…
Senior R&D Engineer My multinational medical device manufacturing client whom are ranked among the top 10 global companies in the…
Lead Software Engineer – Product Security Our client, a medical device company in Limerick is seeking a Software Engineer to…