Senior Production Group Lead (4 Day Week)
Job ID: JOB-12959
Senior Production Group Lead 4 DAY WEEK
- Evening Shift
The Senior Production Group Leader will manage a team of Group Leaders and Team Leaders to manufacture product to schedule, in compliance with all specifications and procedures. The role will report to the Director of Operations. As a leader within the production group, oversee the day to day success and continuous improvement of the assigned production area through the development of the Production Team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead from a production perspective assigned production areas. Instil and maintain a positive team atmosphere in the production area.
- Supervise, support and mentor a team of up to 4 Group Leaders and approx. 60 Production Operators.
- Ensure that production is staffed in accordance with capacity planning and that labour costs are managed within budget.
- Ensure that all EH&S requirements are met. Address issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all quality and GMP requirements are met and that procedures and standard work are followed. Address issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that 5S and good housekeeping practices are complied with.
- Ensure effective cross training and job rotation is implemented for Production Operators.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection process for new and existing employees.
- Support and encourage the submission and implementation of continuous improvement ideas for all team members.
- Support and encourage the submission of Safety Good Catches.
- Lead the daily LPMS meeting.
- Work closely with other departmental leads to ensure scheduling of R&D projects and new product introductions meet customer requirements, keeping Customer Operations informed of any delays or impacts to shipments.
- Adhere to Plant Safety requirements and Health & Safety requirements relating to your work, assuming responsibility for those aspects of the OH&S System over which you have control to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Be aware of the potential environmental impacts associated with your work and the implications of non-conformance.
- Contribute to enhanced energy performance by conservation of energy where possible (Lighting, Equipment, Air Conditioning etc).
- Contribute to the continual improvement activities of the OH&S, Environmental and Energy Management systems through participation, providing feedback/ suggestions for improvement and by reporting accidents, dangerous occurrence, near miss/ illness, good catch and environmental incidents in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the OH&S, Environmental and Energy Management Systems by: – Supporting other relevant managerial roles to demonstrate leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility. – Developing, leading and promoting a culture which supports the intended outcomes of the management systems. – Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of these management systems
- Be flexible and take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time.
- Previous experience as a Group Leader or equivalent role required.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Be self directed and work with minimum supervision.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all departments at all levels within the organization structure.
- Be able to lead cross functional meetings and teams.
- A can-do-attitude with emphasis on meeting all internal and external customer requirements.
- Be able to analyse and challenge existing systems and processes and suggest practical improvements. For further information on this role in Galway please contact Emma Griffin on +353 86 0334325 or email email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…