Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Senior Production Planner for their site.
This position manages work center capacity load to meet service level and inventory targets and has overall responsibility for raw material supply and inventory levels.
Raw Material Planning:
- Management of the buyer/planner team to ensure that raw materials are available to meet production requirements.
- Maintain raw material inventory at agreed levels.
- Identify and implement raw material inventory reduction opportunities.
- Highlight raw material supply issues and work with the plant sourcing team to resolve.
Shop Floor Production Scheduling:
- Management of the buyer/planner team to develop realistic and achievable work center production schedules.
- Develop and publish schedule adherence targets and measure actual performance
- Proactively identify schedule misses and work with customer service team to communicate and minimize service impact.
Plant Capacity Planning:
- Maintain work center capacity within SAP/APO.
- Balance work center capacity with demand by flexing plant safety stock while at the same time meeting service and operational efficiency targets.
- Highlight demand v capacity imbalances and work with supply planning team to resolve.
- Work with engineering team to identify and plan capacity to support engineering projects
Planning system integrity:
Development, control and maintenance of the plant planning system ensuring data integrity & operational efficiency.
Key Performance Indicators
Publish monthly key performance indicators including but not limited to:
- Raw material inventory level
- Raw material stock out %
- Schedule conformance %
- Capacity utilization %
- Identify and implement corrective action to address any non-conformance
- Identification of systems or work practices which can be improved and recommendation of alternative approaches towards improvement
- Maintain up to date standard work documentation for planning processes
- Development and training of buyer/planner group to best in class planning standards
- Contribute to Planning projects as required
- 3rd Level Qualification
- APICS - Desirable
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4-5 years planning experience essential, ideally in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience of ERP systems - SAP/APO skills would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple demands.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must have experience working across multiple layers of the organization including Plant Management, manufacturing personnel, customer service, and finance in a matrix type structure
- Supervisory experience preferred.
For further information on this Senior Production Planner position in Mayo please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please note Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.