Our client a leading MNC located in Galway requires a Senior Production Planner. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and scheduling of Finished Goods/Sub-Assemblies and other sited to meet external and internal Customer Service requirements while managing Inventory in line with goals. This person must have ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of reports within the department. While championing process improvements in planning tools and systems.
- Specialist in the area of production planning, with an excellent knowledge of customer/market requirements and manufacturing plant capacity.
- Through the SI&OP process, work with Global Supply Chain to validate the customer requirements signal.
- Partner with production to develop a Production plan that meets customer service requirements while maintaining minimum inventory and optimal manufacturing cost.
- Partners with all process owners in the supply chain (end to end) to ensure that customer service requirements are met.
- Negotiation & presentation of plans with all levels of management in the plant and with external demand planning and marketing contacts. A strong communicator, focussing on key messages and targeting key stakeholders.
- Analysis & maintenance of all production planning related reports, files & documents including Plant & Product Performance.
- Analysis, reporting & commit response to all backorders/ linefill misses.
- Takes a structured and system-based approach to the role, leads by example to their planning team in this regard. Looks to continuously reduce the reliance on tacit knowledge by adopting a systemic, data-based and sustainable approach.
- Work with New Product Introduction teams to deliver production plans in line with project goals/ schedules.
- Prepare requirements for inter-company materials.
- Ensure effective inventory management & control in line with company targets.
- Champion continuous process improvement within the planning function. Keeps up to date on the latest planning tools and techniques.
- Maintenance & compliance to departmental policies & procedures.
- Support the Management & Leadership team in the preparation of adhoc summary analysis reports & presentations.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Leading their team using the HPLP approach. Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance.
- Minimum of a Level 8 (240 ECT's) degree in Materials or Business Management (or related discipline).
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated successful experience in a planning environment at a Supervisory level.
- Experience of ERP systems is required, SAP & Kinaxis Rapid Response preferable.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Excel, proficient in MS PowerPoint
- APICS certification preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving & communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively respond to changing business conditions and real time customer delivery issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask.
For further information on Senior Production Planner role in Galway please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.