Telephone: 086 8168298
Senior Project Engineer
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Engineer for their site.
Summary of Job:
- The Senior Project Engineer will take a technical leadership role on the delivery of a portfolio of new product introductions within the Cork NPI group.
- Collaborating with global R&D functions, the position will be responsible for ensuring optimum design for manufacturability in the development of new products and develop advanced manufacturing processes for the flawless execution of new product development projects.
- Implementation of leading edge technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in product and process development is expected.
- The role involves collaboration with multiple disciplines within the organisation.
- Lead the technology selection and process design for new product manufacture
- Pioneer Design to Value (DTV) principles as part of a global project team to maximise customer value
- Direct completion of detailed product design reviews to ensure design for manufacturability in new product designs to minimise lifecycle cost.
- Project management and budget responsibility for NPI projects in scope of responsibility including timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Represent the Operations team on product development projects, communicating requirements and proposing solutions
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Deliver stable lean manufacturing solutions in line with manufacturing best practices
- Direct design, development and sourcing of tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for high precision manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
- Direct management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with 7 years’ experience is required. A Masters or PhD is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device or equivalent manufacturing engineering environment is essential.
- A proven track record of managing teams to successfully deliver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated capability to communicate to external stakeholders
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Experience using proven Root Cause analysis and problem-solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).
Other Skills, Experience and Education
- Leadership skills
- Proven technical skills
- Ability to organise medium complexity technical issues
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment
- Knowledge of company safety standards
- Knowledge of equipment and process validation and documentation procedures and processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Results orientated, completes tasks
- Conscientious, self-directed and motivate
- Proven problem solver
- Organised and results orientated
- Ability to take ownership
- Develop good working relationships across the business
- Ability to motivate and lead - must be team orientated
- Honest, open, flexible approach
- Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a technical position
- Technical leadership
- Advanced technical degree
- Prior experience in a GMP or medical device manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in equipment and process validation activities
- Process development experience
- Equipment conceptual skills
- Experience of bespoke capital equipment
For further information on this Senior Project Engineer role in Cork please contact Niamh Hlubek 086 8168298 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval