Contact: Niamh Hlubek
Telephone: 086 8168298
Senior Project Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Engineer for their site.
- Lead the technology selection and process design for new product manufacture
- Pioneer Design to Value (DTV) principles as part of a global project team to maximise customer value
- Direct completion of detailed product design reviews to ensure design for manufacturability in new product designs to minimise lifecycle cost.
- Project management and budget responsibility for NPI projects in scope of responsibility including timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Represent the Operations team on product development projects, communicating requirements and proposing solutions
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Deliver stable lean manufacturing solutions in line with manufacturing best practices
- Direct design, development and sourcing of tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for high precision manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
- Direct management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with 7 years’ experience is required. A Masters or PhD is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device or equivalent manufacturing engineering environment is essential.
- A proven track record of managing teams to successfully deliver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated capability to communicate to external stakeholders
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Experience using proven Root Cause analysis and problem-solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).
For further information on this Senior Project Engineer role in Cork please contact Niamh on 086 8168298
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.