Our client, a leading medical device company located in Cork is recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer. This role requires the use of judgement in applying professional expertise and is expected to work independently with minimal supervision.
The job requires attention to detail in making evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing the innovation and development of assigned project elements with an emphasis on the manufacturing process, technology and procedures required for the manufacture of new products.
- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the new product development procedures.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
- Will assist in the selection of components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- Support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- Will analyse equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. Lead and/or participate in process review meetings.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
- Complete capability studies for in process inspection and generate subsequent Inspection documentation.
- Conduct MSA studies for new products and new processes.
- Provide training for manufacturing team members.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
What you need:
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with up to 2 years’ experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- The individual should enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and results orientated team environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and Innovative thinker.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerance.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
For further information on this Senior Project Engineer role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.