Senior Project Engineer (Controls)
Job ID: JOB-11700
Senior Projects Engineer (Controls)
Our client are looking to recruit a Senior Projects Engineer (Controls) for their site in Ballina, Co. Mayo. The objective of this role is to manage large, strategic and/or complex automation projects and automation process improvements activities across the site. Strategic planning for control system capability and its life cycle is also a key component of the role.
- Project Management & Vendor Management
- Scoping, design, justification and management of complex automation projects
- Managing communications and relationships with site management to ensure successful project outcomes
- Manage prioritisation of workstreams with site management and meet commitments with regards safety, cost, timelines, and quality
- Strategic planning of the site control system lifecycle to meet current and future needs
- Management of support contracts, contract resources and external expert consultants
- Site Subject Matter Expert for Controls Systems
- Recognised subject matter expert across site/system in the areas of PLC Programming, Industrial Networks, HMI’s, Historians, Batch, Robotics and Vision
- Leading Automation specifications, design and technical reviews for projects involving new processes, lines, and machines
- Leading site input into global ‘distributed work teams’ for control systems
- Mentoring of junior engineers in the areas of Controls and Project Management
- Collaborating with other Engineering teams on design approaches for significant capital projects
- Development of novel solutions in response to site requests
- Working with site maintenance team to develop their controls knowledge
- Improving Existing Infrastructure Control System Design
- Designing and implementing improvements to increasing system robustness and availability
- Improving system design so that it provides better feedback on abnormal conditions
- Supporting site controls engineers to develop more robust coding strategies
- Defining and leading best practice with regard system documentation and project execution
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree Qualified in Mechatronics, Computer/Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline is essential.
- 10 years’ experience in the design, maintenance, and support of control systems
- 3+ years’ experience in project management
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong PLC and HMI programming skills required, first-hand experience with Allen Bradley, Intouch, RSBatch, Fanuc, Kuka and vision systems a distinct advantage.
- A strong appreciation of bespoke application development (i.e. Visual Studio), databases and MES software is desirable.
- Proven experience in delivering automation projects in a regulated environment
- Previous experience in project and vendor management is highly desirable
- Excellent presentation skills, able to explain complex automation aspects to non-technical audience.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 0874108620/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…