Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager for their site.
- Collaborate with Instruments Management Team and local Functional Leaders to develop local scope.
- Assist Project Leads in direction and management of projects. Utilise local knowledge and networks to deliver the Program efficiently and in line with Divisional direction. Note: Local Tracks will be directed from their Divisional track leads.
- Assist Project Leads in Program management duties pertaining to Instruments site e.g. managing interdependencies of Tracks.
- Lead shared resources and deploy in line with Program priorities. Expect elements of the team to report to the PM.
- Chair Site Program Steering Team reviews, and Team tactical meetings.
- Responsible for clear, objective and quantifiable measurement of Project/ Program progress (Inc PTQ, Slippage, Float, Risk rating, Financials etc.). Generate appropriate level of urgency for corrective actions- solve problems to maintain Project Progress.
- Provide high quality leadership of Project Resources. Generate an engaging and positive environment. Be capable of leading through solid line or dotted line resources.
- Follow best practice Project Management methodology in the execution of Projects.
- Manage and control the Program/Project budget as assigned.
- Perform Risk management as appropriate to the scale, complexity and criticality of the Program.
- Utilise team blending techniques to optimise Team performance.
- Be aware of differing priorities and perspectives and utilise stakeholder analysis and change management techniques.
- Facilitator for sub-Projects in the establishment of Project Management deliverables including Charters, WBSs, Resource plans, Schedules and Risk Management Plans.
- Where requested, serve as Risk Officer on other Projects/Programs. (This role provides a heightened degree of Risk oversight through providing expertise, independent review, independent reporting and intensive action tracking.
- The Project Manager will be measured against milestone deliver and People performance throughout the Project lifetime.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Qualified
- PMI Certification or equivalent is highly preferable.
- Expert on Microsoft Project or equivalent
- Ability to understand complex inputs and to be able to distil critical information
- Although technical minded their focus would be on the delivery of agreed tasks to agreed time lines and budgets.
- Their people skills would guide them on the most appropriate way to achieve objectives.
- They will have demonstrated an ability to define project risk and to effectively manage project risks.
- The individual will be decisive, will take ownership for their results and will need to be team orientated.
- A demonstrated track record of delivering major projects (>?1M).
Personal traits will include:
- Service minded and Courageous, Analytical and Logical, Disciplined but highly flexible.
- Highly motivated to complete, Strong communication skills, Ability to influence key decision makers.
- Great interpersonal skills- a Team player, Organiser with Attention to detail, Passionate to deliver
- 5+ years of direct experience within high end manufacturing or product development environment.
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Technical/Engineering background.
- Experience with delivering results through 6 sigma and lean methods.
- Strong analytical ability, relevant ERP knowledge (preferably SAP, Oracle or JDEdwards) and experience and strong PC skills (MS Excel, Access, etc.).
For further information on this Senior Project Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website - www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval