Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager for their site.
Responsible for the management and coordination of select high impact projects associated with new products and technologies.
The Senior Project Manager will work closely with product development, operations and marketing to drive speed to market, product quality and ease of manufacture. The Sr. Project Manager will also mentor, set standards, and support other PM's and Project Engineers on bringing their projects to market.
All activities will be completed and documented in accordance with new product development process utilising associated design controls
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of bringing new products to the market place. The Sr. Project Manager is responsible to the project stakeholders for delivering a project's objectives within scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Provide high quality leadership of Project Resources. Generate an engaging and positive environment. The Sr. Project Manager will be measured against milestone delivery and People performance throughout the Project lifetime.
- Lead team in complex or difficult situations, removing obstacles or escalating to leadership as required, assigning appropriate resources and interacting with other functions to assist with issue resolution and streamlining of work process.
- Establishment of priorities, imparting a sense of urgency and importance to the team while following Project Management methodology in project execution.
- Responsible for clear, objective and quantifiable measurement of Project/ Programme progress (incl. PTQ, slippage, float, risk rating, financials etc.) and reporting of these to Leadership and Stakeholders.
- Work closely with Divisional and GQO Reps to drive successful project implementation.
- Participate in the selection, training and performance appraisal process of project resources. Support developing and guidance of Co-ops, Interns, Technician, Engineers, and Project Managers/Engineers as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with 8 or more years' experience in a technical and/or project management role. A qualification in project management is desirable.
- The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic & results oriented team environment where flexibility is essential.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Demonstrated Leadership, Project Management and Engineering experience in New Product Introduction in a regulated environment.
- The individual will be decisive, take ownership for their results and have the ability to influence key decision makers
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks. Ability to understand complex inputs and to be able to distil critical information.
- Will have demonstrated an ability to define project risk and to effectively manage project risks.
- Demonstrated use of best practice methodologies such as six sigma, SPC, capability analysis, R&R, DOE, DFM, GD&T.
- Experience of statistical methods and design, product and process validations would prove beneficial.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- High level of PC Skills required with expertise in MS Project. (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Experience of GD&T, Process mapping, statistical methods and process/ product validations would prove beneficial.
- Excellent attention to detail.
For further information on this Senior Project Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval