Senior Project Manager Job Mayo
My client, a leading medical device company in Mayo are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their site. The Senior Project Manager in Mayo will be responsible for leading a team in the development and commercialization of new products/services in the New Product and Process Development Process (NPPD).
- Lead Core Teams in the completion of product development plans including the continuous cascade to identified markets to ensure appropriate product availability in alignment with the commercialization plan.
- Lead the development of integrated business plans and subsequent detailed commercialization plans for the product that incorporates the identified markets and balances a global roll-out to maximize success of this product.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfil project objectives and satisfy project/product requirements. Ensure team deliverables are in compliance with the company?s product development and quality processes
- Manage and track project budget, cost and profit targets to meet established return on investment goals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with functional senior leaders to drive success of the team.
- Drive a high performance culture by fostering innovation, personal accountability, and a commitment to results.
- Provide structured thinking to the project team on the overall approach and delegate as appropriate based on expectations established for members of the team.
- Coach team members to ensure process adherence and effective project management, utilizing best practice project management skills.
- Mentors and coaches Core Team Leaders and Core Team Members as appropriate. Implements initiatives across multiple sites that improve PD performance, project management metrics and functional support.
- Lead the team in appropriate decision making through strong judgment and the ability to analyse options and implications.
- Demonstrate product development process knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables that meet the market?s needs.
- Provide feedback to functional departments during the company?s annual planning process on product development requirements, including financial and human resources.
- Operates as role model by striving for continuous improvement and being an agent of change.
- Seeks out and engages regularly with peers, creating an environment of exchange and learning.
- Accountable for monitoring and improving certain elements of the NPPD.
- Bachelor?s Degree required. MS, MBA , Engineering Degree or other advanced degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred.
- Experience with enterprise-wide process improvement projects preferred.
- Coursework/experience in 21 CFR, QSR 830, ISO 13485:2003, ISO 14971, Risk Management
- Knowledge of a Regulatory environment, Medical Device environment preferred.
Length of Experience:
- A minimum of 8-10 years' experience with a strong track record in driving implementation of large complex product development projects, preferably in the medical device industry
- 5+ years of leading projects
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Proven ability to manage and lead multi-functional teams to drive success of a project.
- Experience working in product development/commercialization preferred.
- Ability to focus and drive ongoing organizational assessment to identify gaps/opportunities relative to the product development and commercialization processes.
- Ability to create a vision and mobilize the appropriate people to execute against it.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with others in a dynamic matrix. Environment that includes interactions with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Strong project management skills; knowledge of process and project planning best practices
- Proven ability to manage extensive communications both up and down in the organization to keep key stakeholders appropriately engaged and informed to drive success of a project.
- Ability to balance planning and project focus with the needs for flexibility to ensure successful execution.
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects.
- Business acumen; ability to think from an overall "best for the business" perspective.
- Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills to effectively execute project plans and budgets and manage multiple priorities.
- Effective decision making skills; ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across diverse needs of multiple constituencies. Makes timely decisions in the face of risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrate customer focus in all interactions. Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into business decisions.
For further information on this Senior Project Manager job in Mayo please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval