Telephone: 087 2197421
Senior Project Manager, R&D PMO
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager, R&D PMO for their site.
Responsibilities as Senior Project Manager, R&D PMO:
- Lead Project Teams in the completion of product development plans to ensure appropriate product availability in alignment with the commercialization plan.
- Lead the development of integrated business plans and subsequent detailed commercialization plans for the product that incorporates the identified markets and balances a global roll-out to maximize success of this product.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill project objectives and satisfy project/product requirements. Ensure team deliverables are in compliance with the company’s product development and quality processes.
- Manage and track project budget, cost and profit targets to meet established return on investment goals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with functional senior leaders to drive success of the team.
- Drive a high performance culture by fostering innovation, personal accountability, and a commitment to results.
- Provide structured thinking to the project team on the overall approach and delegate as appropriate based on expectations established for members of the team.
- Coach team members to ensure process adherence and effective project management, utilizing best practice project management skills.
- Mentor and coaches Core Team Leaders and Core Team Members as appropriate. Implements initiatives across multiple sites that improve PD performance, project management metrics and functional support.
- Lead the team in appropriate decision making through strong judgment and the ability to analyze options and implications.
- Demonstrate product development process knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables that meet the market’s needs.
- Provide feedback to functional departments during the company’s annual planning process on product development requirements, including financial and human resources.
- Operates as role model by striving for continuous improvement and being an agent of change.
- Seeks out and engages regularly with peers, creating an environment of exchange and learning.
- Accountable for monitoring and improving certain elements of the NPPD.
- Bachelors Degree required. MS, MBA , Engineering Degree or other advanced degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred.
- Experience with enterprise-wide process improvement projects preferred.
- Knowledge of a Regulatory environment, Medical Device environment preferred (Coursework/experience in 21 CFR, QSR 830, ISO 13485:2003, ISO 14971, Risk Management, etc.).
Length Of Experience:
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience with a strong track record in driving implementation oflarge complex product development projects, preferably in the medical device industry
- 5+ years of leading projects
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Proven ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams to drive success of a project.
- Experience working in product development/commercialization preferred.
- Ability to focus and drive ongoing organizational assessment to identify gaps/opportunities relative to the product development and commercialization processes.
- Ability to create a vision and mobilize the appropriate people to execute against it.
- Ability to drive the development and execution of product strategy and the linkages to the company’s strategy.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with others in a dynamic matrix environment that includes interactions with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Strong project management skills; knowledge of process and project planning best practices.
- Proven ability to develop a team culture that leads to ongoing excellence and achievement of goals.
- Proven ability to manage extensive communications both up and down in the organization to keep key stakeholders appropriately engaged and informed to drive success of a project.
- Ability to balance planning and project focus with the need for flexibility to ensure successful execution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong influence management skills.
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects.
- Business acumen; ability to think from an overall “best for the business” perspective.
- Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills to effectively execute project plans and budgets and manage multiple priorities.
- Effective decision making skills; ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across diverse needs of multiple constituencies.
- Makes timely and effective decisions in the face of risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrate customer focus in all interactions. Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into business decisions.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex information succinctly to executive leaders.
For further information on this Senior Project Manager, R&D PMO role in Mayo please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.