Senior Project Process Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Process Engineer for their site.
- The engineer will be based in Mayo, and will serve Manufacturing Operations as primary customer. The position will liaise with Global Engineering (GE), New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Quality Assurance (QA) & Supply Chain (SCM) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities.
- This person will lead and coordinate the project engineering activities associated with the further development of new and existing manufacturing capacity. The position will utilize learnings from existing manufacturing technologies to aid in the development of new technologies with the overall objective of developing & implementing higher output systems. The role will include leading project engineers and providing project guidance. Further, it will include oversight of overall process development, including liaising with technology partners to achieve desired outcome.
- New Process Implementation: Position responsible for timely implementation of new manufacturing processes in the designated Value Stream area. Projects will include Capacity, New Products, and Cost Reduction, and will involve highly automated production equipment. Position will provide leadership of cross functional team to deliver on same objectives. Scope would include: User Requirements (URS), Functional Design Specifications (FDS), Capital Approval, conducting Design reviews (FMEA tools).
- Project Planning & Tracking: Position will be responsible for developing & tracking project plans, and formally communicating same. Also, position will be responsible for maintaining project budgetary control.
- New Process Concept Development: Position will be responsible for overseeing development of concept for fully automated manufacturing systems, working with a technology partner, completing proof of principle by prototyping key bottleneck areas, and developing a high level concept that meets customer requirements.
- Process Improvements: Position will be responsible for identifying and implementing process & product improvements in the area.
- New Product introduction: support timely introduction on any new products or product upgrades in the designated Value Stream area; including development of product costs (COGS)
- Process Qualification: support qualification of new products / processes, and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- Safety/ Risk Assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance in the area, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Plastics or Electrical/Controls Engineering. Desirable - Master's degree
- Familiarity with DOE techniques, statistical analysis tools, and/or DFM principles
- 10+ years post qualification experience in general project engineering, with a focus on mechanical systems & their application in a manufacturing environment (batch type process for the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical/ air-motive industry preferred). 3yrs+ Project Management experience
Salary Expectations are ?60000 - ?70,000 plus benefits, VHI, Pension, and Bonus 7.5%
For further information on this Senior Project Process Engineer role in Mayo please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval