Senior Project Process Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Process Engineer for their site.
- Process Improvements: Position will be responsible for identifying and implementing process & product improvements in the area including Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), yield and process up-time. As a Senior Engineer contribute to process improvement targets and planning to meet strategic business goals (5-year outlook) and related annual budget.
- Use capacity analysis software and SPC techniques to optimize performance.
- Facilitate Total Productive Manufacturing programs for assigned assets as a key enabler.
- Support spares and consumables budget, preventive maintenance and calibration schedules.
- Responsible for the provision of high level technical support and response to Operations requirements. Support first line responders / Craftspersons and Production Associates.
- Mange a small team of Engineers each of which are assigned to a specific element of the process such as hydrophilic coating, punch / sleeving, packaging and peripheral / other.
- Support operation enablers such as Total Productive Maintenance Program, Standard Work, Visual Management and other Lean Sigma initiatives.
- Process Qualification: Periodic support qualification of new products / processes, and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- New Product introduction: support timely introduction on any new products or product upgrades in the designated Value Stream area; including development of product costs (COGS).
- Safety/ Risk Assessments: responsible for ensuring safety compliance in the area and supporting both execution and timely closeout of risk assessments
- Project Planning & Tracking: responsible for reporting on process performance, plans to optomize the process and project management where applicable. Formally communicating / reporting same. Responsible for maintaining project budgetary control.
- Mentor and actively support and coach Process / Manufacturing Engineers in order to develop their technical and professional capabilities.
- Work closely with frontline resources such as the Operational Shift Team Leader, Craftspersons, Production Associates and other relevant support functions in a unionized environment.
- Flexibility / periodic out-of-office hours support is critical in support of Operations requirements at short notice. Operations run 24-7 / 48 weeks of the year.
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Medium to high volume automation experience pneumatics, pick and place, vision systems, robotics and ideally including PLC/Controls
- Continuous improvement tools and techniques to measure and improve the process.
- Familiarity with validation and DOE techniques, statistical analysis tools, and/or DFM principles.
- Foundation knowledge of Lean Sigma principles
- Excellent root cause analysis skills
- 5+ years post qualification experience in general Manufacturing Engineering, with a focus on mechanical systems & their application in a manufacturing environment (batch type process for the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical/ air-motive industry preferred)
- 3yrs+ Process Optimization and development experience.
- People management experience and budgetary responsibilities.
- Flexibility in support of a 24-7 operations
- Masters in Project Management or Manufacturing Systems or equivalent
- Data Analytics / SPC Capability
- ASQ Green/Black Belt Certification / Lean Manufacturing experience
- Machine design experience
- PLC / Software experience
- Project Management Training/Qualification
- Supervisory or commercial experience
- Reliability Excellence Experience (Total Productive Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, Reliability / Predictive Maintenance)
- FDA, ISO13485 or equivalent experience preferred
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval