Our client a leading medical device manufacturer is recruiting for a Senior Project Process Engineer for their Mayo plant. The position will report into the Engineering Manager and the role will be part of Global Engineering Project / Process team and work closely with the operations team.
The role will focus on the design and on-time delivery of high speed automated equipment sets to the operations team. The successful candidate will manage the project through equipment design, order process optimisation through to final equipment validation
The role will also support the execution of various other engineering cost and process improvement projects.
- Lead manufacturing equipment delivery, testing and qualification
- Manage Equipment vendor to ensure all requirements within the User Requirements Specification are met or exceeded
- Manage / support external suppliers to develop / qualify and deliver new sub-assembly parts.
- Manage on-going review and revision of equipment / process design with input from Operations and Engineering team
- Development and management of project schedules for manufacturing equipment / process delivery and qualification.
- Management of capital & expense budgets for assigned project
- Engagement of cross functional stakeholders in critical decisions and developments
- Planning and execution of equipment validations
- Communication and review of key decisions with Value Stream Management
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering with minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in manufacturing environment, to include experience with development of (semi-) automated production equipment.
- Proven track record in production equipment development and execution preferably within a regulated environment.
- Preferred Specialized skills/technical knowledge:
Track record leading machine and process design projects
Familiarity with DOE, validation, and statistical analysis tools
Project Management training / qualification
Travel 10% Domestic / 15% International
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.