Senior Project Process Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11613
Senior Project Process Engineer
Our client is recruiting for a Senior Project Process Engineer role in County Mayo, The position will liaise with Global Engineering (GE), New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Quality Assurance (QA) & Supply Chain (SCM) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities.
This person will lead and coordinate the project engineering activities associated with the further development of new and existing manufacturing capacity. The position will utilize learnings from existing manufacturing technologies to aid in the development of new technologies with the overall objective of developing & implementing higher output systems. The role will include leading project engineers and providing project guidance. Further, it will include oversight of overall process development, including liaising with technology partners to achieve the desired outcome.
- New Process Implementation: Position responsible for timely implementation of new manufacturing processes in the designated Value Stream area. Projects will include Capacity, New Products, and Cost Reduction, and will involve highly automated production equipment. The position will provide leadership of cross functional team to deliver on same objectives. Scope would include: User Requirements (URS), Functional Design Specifications (FDS), Capital Approval, conducting Design reviews (FMEA tools).
- Project Planning & Tracking: Position will be responsible for developing & tracking project plans, and formally communicating same. Also, the position will be responsible for maintaining project budgetary control.
- New Process Concept Development: Position will be responsible for overseeing the development of concept for fully automated manufacturing systems, working with a technology partner, completing proof of principle by prototyping key bottleneck areas, and developing a high level concept that meets customer requirements.
- Process Improvements: Position will be responsible for identifying and implementing process & product improvements in the area.
- New Product introduction: support timely introduction on any new products or product upgrades in the designated Value Stream area; including development of product costs (COGS)
- Process Qualification: support qualification of new products / processes, and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- Safety/ Risk Assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance in the area, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments
- Lead teams or individuals, using direct or indirect influence techniques, to support clients’ needs.
- Coordinate project activities across multi-functional and cross-geographical teams to meet project deliverables.
- Mentor others by providing guidance, direction, or other (technical) expertise.
- Frequently demonstrate highly technical and professional competencies on medium to high profile project
- Use systematic techniques to break technical projects into fundamental task requirements.
- Obtain (negotiate for) resources as needed, communicate direction to team members, assign tasks as appropriate, and ensure that commitments are met.
- Monitor project progress to anticipate problems and develop solutions before they become critical, and use clearly understood metrics to report progress to management.
- Develop process concepts and alternatives and prepare formal written justifications for financial authorization.
- Lead or coordinate the design and testing of prototype processes for proof of concept work.
- Create process specifications, request for quotations, factory acceptance plans, validation plans, and other relevant documentation to support process introductions.
- Foster and manage vendor partner relationships to support process introductions.
- Understand accounting principles, capital and expense planning, cost centre reporting, and other tools to understand project and departmental performance.
- Use sound business principles to evaluate alternatives and provide technical direction.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Primary Degree in Engineering (Masters preferred)
- 10+ years post qualification experience in general project engineering, with a focus on mechanical systems & their application in a manufacturing environment (batch type process for the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical/ air-motive industry preferred)
- 3yrs+ Project Management experience.
- Project Management Training/Qualification
- CAD skills
- Pneumatic Circuits & Controls
- Familiarity with DOE techniques, statistical analysis tools, DFM principles
- Machine Design Experience
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Plastic Welding Heat Seal Technology
- Plastic Part assembly
- Servo Control systems
- ASQ Green/Black Belt Certification
For further information on this Senior Project Process Engineer role in Mayo please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…